Police Dept.

Where do I pay tickets? Local parking tickets or bad checks can be paid at the Boyne City Police Department, Monday through Firday between the hours of 8 a.m and 4 p.m. Tickets issued on state forms must be handled at the 90th District Court located in Charleviox. Phone: 231-547-7227. If you need assistance regarding a "fix it" ticket, please call during office hours or page the on-duty officer after hours.

Where is skateboarding allowed in the City? Skateboarding is not allowed in the Central Business District or on any roadway. Avalanche Preserve Recreation Area has a paved area for skateboarding.

Where are snowmobiles and ORVs allowed in the City?  Click here to view our ordinance and a map.

Where are ORVs allowed in Charlevoix County? Click here to view the county's map and ordinance.

How do I get a burn permit? If you are a city resident, you must get a permit through the Boyne City Police Department. You can contact them at 582-6611. If you are calling after 4 p.m. please follow the instructions to page the on-duty officer. Anyone outside the city limits must contact the Michigan Department of Natural Resources (DNR) at 866-922-2876.