Sidewalk replacement

We have inventoried all of the existing sidewalks and found that approximately seventy thousand square feet (2+ miles) are in need of replacement. The replacement program will be presented in the budget to replace the sidewalks over the next two to three years. In addition a sidewalk extension plan is being developed for new sidewalks. This plan will be included in the Capitol Improvement Plan which will be presented to the City Commission this winter, as a part of the proposed budget. The City pays 35% of replacement/new construction costs with the property owner paying the remaining 65%. In an effort to make it more affordable to residents, the 65% will be spread over a three year period. You will be notified by letter giving you an estimate of the cost and the City Commission hearing on any sidewalk program prior to any work taking place.