Most areas in the City limits are serviced by Consumers Energy.  There are a few locations that are serviced by Great Lakes Energy.

Areas outside of the City limits may be serviced by Consumers Energy or Great Lakes Energy.


DTE Energy is the natural gas provider within the City.  They also service most areas around the City for natural gas.  If you are in need of propane or fuel oil, there are several companies in the area that provide that service. Pricing and services vary from company to company.

Water / Sewer

The City provides water and/or sewer to approximately 75 percent of its' residents.  To have service, turned on/off, change the name of the account, final meter read for billing purposes or just have general questions, contact City Hall (231)582-6597. 

Homeowners are responsible for water and sewer lines on the property.  The City is responsible for everything beyond the property line.  If you have an urgent matter, such as a water leak and need the service turned off at the street or a sewer issue call (231)582-6597 during office hours or 911 after hours.

Back to Top


There are many options for local phone service; such as various phone companies, cable TV and satellite dish providers, cell phone service companies and via the internet. 

Back to Top


Options are (but not necessarily limited to): Cable TV, Satellite TV providers and some phone service providers.

Back to Top