PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS
For everyone's enjoyment and safety...
- Avalanche Warming Shelter Winter Hours: Monday through Friday - 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday - 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Loaned ice skates are available at no charge during the above hours. Children are responsible for lacing their ice skates and are responsible for their own personal items.
- Part-time attendant is on duty.
- No hockey playing on rink.
- Children who do not intend to use the facilities should not be present in the warming house.
- No children under the age of 10 may be left unsupervised without a responsible older individual.
- Sledders should immediately move to the left or right side after coming to a stop at the bottom of the hill and stay on that side to walk back up to avoid oncoming sleds.
- Snowmobiles are permitted on the designated snowmobile trail only and are strictly prohibited on the face of the sledding hill.
- Pets are not allowed on the ice rink.
- All pets must be on a leash at all times. (County and City Ordinance)
- Pop cans, paper, and food must be picked up and placed in rubbish containers.
- Please do not run/walk up or down the face of the hill during the spring, summer or fall (this is causing a major erosion problem).
Any rules that are violated may result in suspension of use of the Avalanche Mountain Preserve.
Avalanche is a community gem and we are proud of all of the activities it is able to offer. To ensure that everyone has the same pleasurable experience, we ask that you enjoy our community park in a responsible manner by observing all rules.