Listing of Current Employment Opportunities and Proposal Requests
The City of Boyne City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Clerical Position - The City of Boyne City, a Northern Michigan waterfront community, is seeking a self-directed individual for a full time position. Candidate should have excellent public relations, communication, organizational, and computer skills. Minute recording, agenda preparation, and basic accounting skills are also desired for this wide ranging, front-line position. Prior experience would be a plus, with a desire for increasing responsibilities within the City’s Administrative offices. Comprehensive wage (DOQ) and benefit package. Submit resume, letter of interest, salary history, requirements, and 3 references to: Jessica Puroll via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
- Water/Wastewater Superintendent - The City of Boyne City, a Northern Michigan waterfront community of 3,853, is seeking a can-do individual for this full-time department head position. Position responsible for managing operations of the City’s Water and Wastewater high performing distribution, collection and treatment systems involving both hands on and supervisory skills. Demonstrated problem solving, public relations, communication, organizational, budgeting and computer skills desired. Should have, or able to obtain in short order, Michigan B wastewater and D2 S3 water licenses. Comprehensive wage (DOQ) and benefit package. Current employee retiring after 30+ years in the profession. Submit resume, letter of interest, salary history and requirements with 3 references to: Michael Cain, City Manager at email@example.com with ‘W/WW Superintendent’ in subject line. www.cityofboynecity.com EOE
- POLICE OFFICER - The City of Boyne City, population 3816, is seeking qualified applicants for a community-minded and team-oriented Police Officer. Boyne City is a thriving northern Michigan community. Here is the opportunity to work where everyone wants to play. Must be proficient at written and verbal communication and have excellent problem-solving skills. Selected applicant must be able to pass a physical, psychological exam and extensive background check. Must be M.C.O.L.E.S Certified or Certifiable. Comprehensive wage and benefit package. EOE. Submit letter of interest and resume to: (U.S. Mail preferred) Kevin Spate, Chief of Police 319 N Lake St. Boyne City, MI. 49712 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paid on call Paramedic and AEMT/EMT positions: Job description: To provide effective, efficient, and appropriate care to the sick and injured individuals of Boyne. Be able to lead in stressful situations using empathy, problem solving, and skills designated to licensure. Be able to effectively work with team members, maintain clean and organized work environments and help keep trucks stocked. Be able to complete medical documentation, be able to maintain personal stamina and wellbeing to properly care for patients and be able to maintain personal safety as well as the safety of teammates. Boyne City has a coverage area consisting of Boyne City and seven surrounding townships. Boyne City EMS receives an average of 1500 calls per year. The total year-round population is approximately 10,000. Our agency covers two stations 24-7 with ALS services. Applicant must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license and appropriate Michigan EMS license. Be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds. Submit to a background check and complete orientation. Scheduling is flexible. Well maintained living quarters with applicable amenities provided during shift. Paramedic pay is $200 per diem per 12 hours shift and 25.00 additional per hour while on 911 calls. AEMT pay is 175.00 per diem per 12-hour shift and 18.00 additional per hour when on 911 calls. EMT Pay is $150 per diem per 12-hours shift and 15.00 additional per hour while on 911 calls. For questions or to apply please email your resume to EMS@Boynecity.com with appropriate “Paramedic, AEMT and/or EMT” in subject line. EOE
- Summer Seasonal Positions - Do you enjoy working outside...if so, one of these jobs might be for you! The City of Boyne City is currently accepting applications for full and part-time seasonal positions in the Public Works / Parks Department and Marina / Boat Launch. Due to the power equipment or lack of constant supervision, most of the positions require someone 18 years or older or have completed high school. There are some exceptions depending on the department. Click here to download a general application form. E.O.E
Thank you for checking...please check back periodically.
General applications and resumes are accepted at all times and are kept on file for 1 year.
Requests for Bids / Proposals
The City of Boyne City is seeking proposals/bids for the following item(s)...
- BOYNE CITY DOWNTOWN HOUSING DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY - The City of Boyne City, Michigan, in partnership with the Boyne District Library seeks developers for a potential project site at the corner of Park Street and Ray Street. The project site consists of two parcels, 214 Ray Street, owned by the Library, and 211 South Park Street, owned by the City. The parcels total approximately 27,000 square feet. The site permits a mix of commercial and residential uses in the thriving downtown of Boyne City, an award-winning Main Street community. Click here for full RFP.
Bid / RFP / RFQ Disclaimer
Proposals are solicited only from responsible bidders known to be experienced and regularly engaged in work of similar character and scope to that covered in the Request for Proposals (RFP). Satisfactory evidence that the bidder has the necessary capital, equipment, personnel, experience, etc. to do the work may be required.
Bidders should contact City Hall prior to submitting a bid / proposal to ask if any addendums to have been issued to the specifications. The City is not responsible for incomplete submissions.