Learn about development opportunities in Boyne City
Thank you for your interest in growing Boyne City! This page is designed to be a starting point as you research development potential.
Are you interested in possible development, opening a new business, or relocating a business to Boyne City? Contact City Manager Michael Cain (231) 582-0377 or Planning/Zoning Director Scott McPherson (231) 582-0343 to schedule a conceptual review meeting prior to filing out an application.
- We encourage you to have an informal call with our development team or schedule a pre-application conference with all applicable city staff to review the project and answer any questions. Review our Conceptual Meeting Checklist to prepare for the meeting.
- Read our Development Guide to answer some commonly asked questions regarding the process and fees.
- Need an incentive? The City has utilized a number of Economic Development Incentive Tools to support local development.
- Click here to learn more about the City’s Master Plan, Zoning Ordinance, or other reports and studies.
- When you are ready to submit an application our forms, fees, and payment options are available here.
- Would you like to be involved with local decision-making? Review our Public Participation Plan to learn more about our Boards and Commissions.
Downtown Commercial Redevelopment Sites
To view information regarding redevelopment sites, click on the pdf file below. To inquire about any of our properties or possible development, new business or business relocation, contact City Manager Michael Cain (231) 582-0377 or Planning/Zoning Director Scott McPherson (231) 582-0343.
The Redevelopment Ready Communities® (RRC) program is available to communities across the state through the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC). For additional information regarding the RRC program, click here to be redirected to the MEDC website.